Become a Host
At Concord Homes our focus is on a friendly, safe and accommodating homestay experience.
We welcome new applications from homestay hosts.
There are many reasons why you might want to become a homestay host:
- Earn extra income – make up to £650 per week by taking in students (based on 2 twin rooms).
- Earn up to £7,500 tax free under the government’s “Rent a Room Scheme”.
- Safer and more flexible than renting your spare room to a lodger.
- Free DBS checks for main carers (once cleared).
- Choose the age and gender of students that suits you best.
- Learn about other cultures and build lasting international friendships.
- Be part of a rewarding and meaningful educational experience.
- Receive regular updates for safeguarding and hosting paying guests.
- 24/7 emergency line and support.
A homestay host should:
- Speak English as the main language in the home.
- Be willing to undergo the necessary checks related to safeguarding and child protection.
- Have adequate space and facilities to accommodate guest needs.
- Provide a friendly home environment which promotes social interaction and is open to different cultures.
- Give a full and accurate profile of your home including all residents, smoking policies and pets – and be willing for our homestay team to check in person.
To host junior guests you must have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have not applied for a DBS check before, we can help you obtain one quickly and with the minimum of fuss.